If you are noticing signs that you need to replace a new roof, then you should have probably done it a long time ago. Delaying the replacement process can cause a lot of problems that cost way more than the price of a new roof. Here are some signs that show you that you need to act fast:
- Your roofing looks old and worn. Each material has its lifetime. If you have asphalt shingles, you will have to replace them every 20 years, even if they look good. Wood can last longer. Slate can last for more than a century.
- Your shingle edges are curled.
- Your roofing shingles are cracked. This will trap moisture that will damage your home.
- Your neighbors are getting new roofs. There might be a serious damage that you can’t see. Your neighbors, who have their houses built at the same time, might be seeing something that you’re missing.
- Moss growth. Not only will it affect the artistic look of your home but it also traps moisture.
If you are experiencing some or all of these warning signs, then it is time to call a professional. Contact a professional roofing contractor and see what they have to say.